Good News! Our DACA Clinic has been reinstated. Effective July 11, 2019, we will begin seeing DACA clients again on Thursdays from 10 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please note that we only see clients on a first-come, first-serve basis for this clinic. Also, please note that this means that our Citizenship Clinic is not currently in progress. All of this is subject to change at any time. Thank you for understanding and if you have any questions please contact us at (408) 534-5451.
On June 15, 2012, the Obama administration announced the Executive Order for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). It is available to undocumented immigrants who arrived in the United States before the age of 16 and meet other specific requirements. DACA allows those who qualify to stay in the United States and obtain permission to work for two years at a time, with the opportunity to renew.
ICP’s DOJ accredited representatives provide one-on-one consultations to assess eligibility for DACA, also assist clients in determining if they are eligible for any other immigration benefits beyond DACA. For more details about eligibility requirements, necessary documentation and other frequently asked question about DACA, see USCIS “Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.”
Benefits of DACA:
* Defers deportation for two years and is renewable at the end of that two years
* Allows applicants to receive two years of work authorization for legal employment in the United States.
Contact us to renew your deferred action, if it expires within the next twelve months.
If you are ready to renew your DACA application, come to our free* DACA renewal clinics every Thursday from 10 a.m. -12 p.m, 1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. and please bring in the following documents:
- Copy of previous DACA application
- Current work permit
- Two passport style photos (2×2) or we can take your photos here for $10
- California ID or Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Certified court records for all arrests (if any)
- Check or money order for $495 payable to the Department of Homeland Security
*Subject to change at any time